[PVE-User] how many nodes can there be in a proxmox cluster ?
Alexandre DERUMIER
2018-03-21 06:03:41 UTC
I'm running 20 nodes clusters here, with unicast. (I need to increase corosync timeout a little bit with more than 12 nodes).

I think the hard limit is around 100nodes in last corosync, but recommendations is around 32. with more than that, I think the corosync timeout need to be increase high and you'll have latency.

2018-03-21 12:28:12 UTC
Hey Alexandre,

When you say 20 nodes with unicast - you're saying they're across subnets?

I ask because we've been looking at doing this, more for a vCenter-like
single console to manage all VMs and hosts instead of HA, but I thought I
read on the proxmox wiki that it wasn't recommended for larger clusters?
Does it work well for you at 20 nodes or are there any config tweaks or
gotchas that you've run into?

Thanks,

Josh

Josh Knight
Alexandre DERUMIER
2018-03-25 17:42:44 UTC
Post by Alexandre DERUMIER
Post by Josh Knight
When you say 20 nodes with unicast - you're saying they're across subnets?
no , currently, same subnet, on same pair of switch (mlag).
It's a quite new mellanox switch s2100, with fast asics. (avg latency 0.015ms)

I have too much problem with multicast in my infra.

no special tuning.

i had a older cluster, where in past I had to tune

token: 4000

in corosync config.

I'm planning to test it across differents datacenter soon (1ms latency), but I don't think it'll possible
with theses latencies